When using geo-targeting and evaluation of geographic information of traffic it may lead to inaccuracies and discrepancies between two ad servers.
As the geo-databases work?
To determine where a visitor comes, AdSpirit uses so-called geo-databases. In this, each IP address is recorded and stored to which country, region, provider, bandwidth, and so is this IP address. The Geo-database not create AdSpirit but purchases these from an appropriate provider.
How accurate are the geo-information?
The Geo-database used by AdSpirit has made an accuracy of about 75% to 50km for most Western states. Ie 75% of the visitors are at the correct place or recognize a radius of 50km. The remaining 25% are recognized in accordance with a place other than the correct location of the visitor and is further away than 50km.
Note are also inaccuracies in mobile connections: All mobile connections is fed normally by the provider in an exchange and not the visitor is currently located by the nearest cell tower or cell. Much of the mobile O2 connections in Germany are recognized as eg Munich.
How is it to higher deviations?
As far as possible all providers of geo-databases spend the same accuracy levels, it can happen that in running a campaign, a higher deviation of the measured from AdSpirit numbers and measured by the publisher / advertiser numbers produced. In extreme cases, computationally 50% deviation are possible: 25% are recognized by AdSpirit be correct, but are false and 25% are recognized by the publishers / advertisers to be wrong although they are correct.