Direct Link creatives and placements provide a way on how to work with popups/popunder in cases when opening the window is done by the publisher, rather than by the adserver itself. It provides the publisher with a single URL ("direct link") which redirects directly to an advertising URL or landing page. This direct link will usually be shown within a new popup/popunder window.
Important: In opposit to normal click- or view-URLs, a direct link URL will rotate the underlaying creatives the same way a banner placement would rotate the underlaying banner creatives. This means that calling the URL several times may result in being redirected to different landing pages.
>> Setup of Direct Link placements
Setup of Direct link creatives
In order to setup direct link creatives, please create an advertiser and a campaign as usual first. Once the campaign exists, please set up the direct link as follows:
- Go to Campagin > Creatives > New Creative
- Click on "Add new direct link creative..." in the list:
- In the form for the creative, give it a name and insert the URL to which the user should be redirected. All the other settings can be used as usual.
Setup of direct link creatives via XML-feed
In order to setup a direct link creative where the source is not a landing page but an xml feed, please go as follows:
- Go to Campaign > Creatives > New Creative
- Click on "Add new RTB creative" in the list:
- In the form for the creative, give it a name, set "Deliver as" to "Direct Link", set the xml feed URL as "RTB request URL" and Request type to "XML-Feed":
Notes on direct link creatives & placements
Please note, that direct link creatives and placements have some different behaviors than other creative- or placement-types:
- Direct link creatives can always only be booked to direct link placements
- Direct link placements are always charged in real time, meaning every impression is charged with the price that is present in the campaign/placement settings. Changes to the campaign- or placement-settings that occur later will not change the existing pricing for the day but rather only effect the pricing of the impressions that occur after the changes are made.