Direct Link creatives and placements provide a way on how to work with popups/popunder in cases when opening the window is done by the publisher, rather than by the adserver itself. It provides the publisher with a single URL ("direct link") which redirects directly to an advertising URL or landing page. This direct link will usually be shown within a new popup/popunder window.
Important: In opposit to normal click- or view-URLs, a direct link URL will rotate the underlaying creatives the same way a banner placement would rotate the underlaying banner creatives. This means that calling the URL several times may result in being redirected to different landing pages.
Setup of Direct link creatives
In order to setup direct link creatives, please create an advertiser and a campaign as usual first. Once the campaign exists, please set up the direct link as follows:
- Go to Campagn > Creatives > New Creative
- Click on "Add new direct link creative" in the list:
- In the form for the creative, give it a name and insert the URL to which the user should be redirected. All the other settings can be used as usual.
Setup of direct link creatives via XML-feed
In order to setup a direct link creative where the source is not a landing page but an xml feed, please go as follows:
- Go to Campaign > Creatives > New Creative
- Click on "Add new RTB creative" in the list:
- In the form for the creative, give it a name, set "Deliver as" to "Direct Link", set the xml feed URL as "RTB request URL" and Request type to "XML-Feed":
Notes on direct link creatives & placements
Please note, that direct link creatives and placements have some different behaviors than other creative- or placement-types: