The system is capable of performing, so-called IP or geo-targeted campaigns. This allows display only for a certain user base a campaign that is localized (ie, for example, only Berlin-user or users from Belgium).
With the IP-targeting should be handled very sparingly, as this significantly more processing power is consumed than is the case with normal campaigns. For performance reasons, the following things should be considered when using an IP targeting:
- Use the smallest possible / few areas. Targeting to city or district level is much faster than at the level of alliance countries and this in turn faster than country targeting.
- Country targeting should be avoided, since most of the resources are consumed. If you want to set up targeting for example Germany and the majority of your users are German, it is useful here to refrain entirely from targeting.
- First select the countries provinces and cities and activate only after you have saved these settings, the IP-targeting in your campaign settings.
- Even if no areas (places, countries ...) are selected, geo-targeting consumes system resources. As long as the targeting is not needed, it should therefore be generally deactivated in your campaign settings.
IP targeting works something like frequency capping. The system checks each of a user whose origin retrieval corresponds to the origin of the user of the setting of the campaign, it can they are displayed (unless it is to act and is not blocked by other factors). The user does not stem from the set for the campaign Country / State / City, the campaign for this user is blocked. Is the origin of a user can not be determined, the campaign for this user is also disabled. In both cases, the user will have each next campaign appears.
Enable Geo / IP Targeting
To use IP-targeting, you enable the "Geo-Targeting" in the campaign settings of a previously saved campaign. Among the selection fields You will receive a link that takes you to configure the targeting.
The configuration window consists of two areas: You will find an overview of the filterable countries and areas. Most countries can be folded out and refine (country / state / city and district). On the right you will find the already added locations for this campaign. To add a site to the list, click on the left side on the name, the place appears in the right pane in the respective section. Have you made any changes, click on the right side at the bottom of the "Save" button. The window can now be closed.
In addition, you can use the "map" the locations can be represented as a kind of map.
- IP targeting is relatively accurate, but not 100%. Depending on the country, the cover of the software used 55-95% - that is, with an accuracy from 55 to 95%, users can be assigned one place. The cover of the main countries:
DE - 74%
AT - 78%
CH - 63%
UK - 85%
FR - 60%
ES - 76%
US - 85%
- Campaigns use the IP targeting, min. should be configured with all settings 1 day prior to start of the campaign, as the balance between IP configuration of the campaign and ad server takes place only once a day. If changes in the IP targeting are made, they are effective accordingly until the next day.
Keywords: targeting, ip, geo, country, federal state, place, city, region